Our Mission is to promote the exchange of skills and talents, using time instead of money, to increase the sustainability and well-being of communities.
ORE’s Vision is a world of empowered, interdependent and resilient communities where everyone is valued equally, and has access to the services they need to enhance their well-being.
The Onion River Exchange (ORE) Timebank is a place for members to exchange skills, talents, and services using time instead of money. ORE does not provide services, but it is a network of individuals, businesses, and organizations that share services with each other.
Members of the ORE Timebank:
- Give and receive services to/from each other
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Save money
- Feel connected and Involved in the community
- Increase community health and well-being as well as support sustainability
- Further develop a complimentary currency, time credits
Timebank members post offers and requests and log time earned or spent exchanging services with each other on our online timebanking system. The time “banked” can be used for future exchanges with any member. Central to timebanking is the agreement that one hour of your time is equal to one hour of my time. The ORE timebank is based upon the five core values of timebanking.
The ORE TIMEBANK
- On April 8, 2018 was 10 years old
- More then 16,000 exchanges made since 2008
- More than 49,000 hours exchanged since 2008
- Over 150 members use the ORE timebank
- Members from more than 20 towns and cities in Central Vermont
- More than 150 services are currently offered and requested in the timebank
- Timebankers’ Talents (skills) are many and diverse
Click Here: Stories from our timebank members.
ORE is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization and we welcome your tax exempt donations.